I’m proud of myself - I kept writing last night, even when I was exhausted, to hit my goal of 2,000 words. I should be at 3,333 words, but I’m feeling okay about where I am - I can use the weekend to catch up a bit, and I have a vacation coming up which will give me time to write.
As far as how the story’s going? It’s a little rough. My MC and her best friend have headed to this big annual event, but my MC is doing a lot of exposition and also a lot fo complaining about the way things are in life - it’s kind of boring and pretty heavy-handed. Her friend seems a lot more interesting so far, though not in a way that makes me want to make her the MC. But the creepy guy that I wrote into the story because of a creepy guy on the train has made an appearance already (because I’m much better at writing once things start happening and the set-up part is over) and it’s my old friend the trickster/businessman who has shown up in the last 2 versions of this concept. Love him!
Also, I keep writing about this drink - to the point that I’m starting to think that my subconcious wants it to be a plot point later. I’m thinking it’s got some crazy addictive qualities.
I think I’m about to hit my stride here…
Love how it took me approximately 1 day to destroy all the plotting work I did. Guess I’m just a pantser by nature!
ASL Video of the Week:
Beyonce’s Irreplaceable signed by the amazing tiffanythill - you really see how she’s interpreting the lyrics instead of just signing them word for word here.
This is what I need to get me through the afternoons - been eating store-bought trail mix but it’s always salted, which I hate.
Law & Order: Special Equine Unit (aka Costume Night at the Gym)
This is me. Doing Grace (30 Clean & Jerks) at the Barbells for Boobs breast cancer fundraiser on Saturday. In the rain, in freezing temps (it started snowing by the next heat), at the wrong weight (accidentally got 113# instead of 93#).
But I finished. In 11:19.
- the crowd
- the insane cheering section from my box
- the folks running the event who let me go over the 10-minute time cap when I had 5 reps left
- my counter who kept me focused and got me into a warm car as soon as I was done when my whole body was shaking and I was in tears
- Elisabeth Akinwale who is both one of my Games heroes and a damn good person for helping coach me through the jerk when I started struggling
- my coaches who I wanted to make proud and who told me I could do it
- my body for responding when I couldn’t feel my fingers and every correctly executed clean was a surprise
- and everyone who gave me hugs and love.
I finished. Sometimes that’s enough.
Home cure days 1 & 2 done: one room floor & surface cleaned, fresh flowers bought. This was the easiest room to do by far, but still nice to see it sparkling, and it motivated me to floor & surface clean the kitchen as well. Next stop - bathroom.
Alright, I may be 2 days behind on the 20/20 Fall Home Cure (http://cure.apartmenttherapy.com/2011/fall/) but I’m getting back on track today and declaring next month challenge month, with:
- The Home Cure to get my apartment clean.
- National Novel Writing Month to get my book started.
- The Paleo/Zone Nutrition challenge to improve my health.
- And now, a 30-day image/style bootcamp to work on my look, which will start November 3rd.
I’m going challenge crazy! I will have to scale way back on things like TV & mindless Internet surfing and get productive. But hopefully by December I will be creative, stylish, healthy, and in a gorgeous apartment. And tired! Crossing my fingers yet again…
ASL Music Video of the week: “Tik Tok” signed by master song-signer allyballybabe.
Bonus - This one includes the gloss (english to sign language translation) in the info section, so you can see what she’s signing in ASL.